Thursday, June 10, 2010

Card Bin


Do you have piles of cards laying around your craft area? I found this great idea on There She Goes. She has a great tutorial on how to make them, so I won't steal her thunder, but I will tell you about the Close To My Heart supplies I used

I bought a pack of cardboard boxes online for $25 for a pack of 50 boxes. They are called cardboard storage bins (6.25 x 4.5 x 9).

Paper: Perfect Day Level 2 (X7100B, $12.95)
Stamp: Playful Flourishes (D1212, $22.95)
Just Blooms White Daisy Variety Pack (Z1300, $7.95)
Clear Sparkles (Z1104, $2.95)

The paper on the front was made by cutting 4 circles, from about 2 inches to 1 inch in diameter.  Layer them on top of each other.  Put an eyelet in the middle.  Sprtitze with water.  Finish by crumpling the edges and let dry.

I made 4 seperate card areas; Birthday, Love, Thanks and Everyday.  I have discovered that I use the "Everyday" section a lot more than all of the other ones, but oh well.

I love making these as gifts for friends and family.  Even though they don't make cards everyone needs a place to store even their store bought cards.

Enjoy!  If you would like to order any of the materials to make your own card bin just send me an email and I will send you the supplies, simple as that :)  I have plenty of cardboard boxes left.  You can order the entire kit including the paper, sparkles and flowers for $30.

No comments:

Post a Comment